COVID-19 presented a complex economic crisis unlike anything we’ve seen since the Great Depression for neighbors across the Ozarks, and we’re thankful that hope is on the horizon.
SINCE APRIL 2020, OZARKS FOOD HARVEST HAS:
– Provided a record-breaking 22 million meals
– Increased distribution by nearly 2 million meals
– Connected nearly 1,000 people with the government benefits for which they qualify
– Distributed one million meals through new partnerships and mobile distributions
– Helped 61,000 people acquire food assistance for the first time in their lives
– Distributed $3.6 million worth of food to our network of hunger-relief partners to ensure they could continue to meet the increased need
– Guided our agencies to adapt to the crisis by switching to drive-through distributions or to-go meal kits to continue serving the community
Because of the support we’ve received from generous foundations, businesses and individuals, so many people have been able to eat. We truly couldn’t do any of this without you! We’ve made important steps toward recovery, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. We’re continuing to provide families across southwest Missouri with the support they need for as long as they need it by purchasing food in bulk, hosting mobile food distributions and sending out more routes to our hunger-relief partners every week. We will need your support more than ever in the months ahead, and should you need us, we will be here for you, too.
CARES ACT INFO
The CARES Act provides incentives for people to increase their charitable giving as a result of the pandemic, including an above-the-line deduction for non-itemizers for up to $300 for cash contributions made during 2020 to public charities, and the removal of the cap on the deductibility of cash contributions for those who itemize. The goal of these incentives is to encourage giving to non-profits to enable them to meet the increased demands for their services and ensure that they have the needed resources to continue to serve the public.*
Prior to this temporary change, corporations were allowed to deduct up to 10% of their taxable income. The temporary change allows corporate donors to deduct up to 25%.
*CARES Act incentives have been extended through 2021.
Our food pantries are open and ready to serve you. The majority of our sites have adopted a drive-through or walk-up model for food distribution at this time. Click below to find a pantry near you. Hours and services may vary, so please call the pantry to get the details before planning your visit.FIND A FOOD PANTRY
Due to COVID-19 and increased unemployment, some flexibilities have been temporarily added by the state of Missouri. Apply for SNAP through our hotline at 417-429-0853. We’re happy to help you!Learn about SNAP
Want to get involved? Contact Jennifer Sickinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-865-3411.
Create your own online fundraiser with your friends, organization or business using Mightycause!
You can also host a fundraiser through Facebook on behalf of Ozarks Food Harvest.
Contact Sarah Byrd at email@example.com or 417-865-3411 for more information.
Want to participate in a fundraiser with one of our partners? Check out our Community Partnerships.Donate
When you join Harvest Circle, a community of monthly sustainers that supports The Food Bank, you’ll help provide a steady source of funds that allow Ozarks Food Harvest to respond immediately when needs arise.
Here’s what your monthly gift can provide:
- $6/month – healthy breakfasts for one child for a year
- $12/month – dinner for a single mother and her child every weeknight for a year
- $25/month – a month of breakfasts, lunches and dinners for a hungry senior
- $50/month – six meals for every weekend of the school year for two food insecure children
- $100/month – meals for a family of four for a year, with after-school snacks for kids
Sign up to join Harvest Circle you make a gift at ozarksfoodharvest.org/donate by checking the “Make this a monthly gift” box.Learn More
If you already donate monthly, consider increasing your gift.
Contact Micah Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-865-3411 for more info.Donate
Let’s Get Social
Help raise awareness about how Ozarks Food Harvest is helping hungry neighbors get through the pandemic by following us on social media and sharing our posts using #OzarksStrong on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
You can also encourage your friends and family to donate at ozarksfoodharvest.org/donate, and choose “COVID-19 Hope Fund” from the dropdown menu.
Draw Hope to Drive Hope
Our operations team is working so hard to keep our hunger-relief partners well-stocked week after week. Thank them by drawing hope to drive hope! Get creative with these coloring sheets. Keep them at home as a reminder of our friends on the frontlines of hunger, or mail them to The Food Bank at P.O. Box 5746, Springfield, MO 65801 to thank our team!
Click here to download the coloring sheets.