Free meals are provided to food insecure children
Ozarks Food Harvest works to feed children who often go home to empty dinner plates. These children rely on their schools’ free and reduced meal programs for their daily nutrition. After hours, they eat at an OFH-sponsored After-School Food program. These sites provide free meals and snacks to children, after school, at a variety of community locations where kids already congregate such as Boys & Girls Clubs, churches, schools and community centers.
Served 5 nights a week
Meals & snacks
Offer OFH after-school meal programs
1 in 4 children in the Ozarks are at risk of going to bed hungry
The children served also receive instruction on meal serving, preparation and clean-up, in hopes of instilling responsibility, self-worth and community mindfulness in their lives. Over half the schools in Ozarks Food Harvest’s service area have more than a 50 percent free and reduced meal rate, and many are higher than 90 percent! You can help feed a child like Kate simply by providing a healthy meal. Just one dollar will provide five meals to someone in need.Donate
- Monett Area YMCA, Central Park Elementary
- Monett Area YMCA, Monett Elementary
- Cassville YMCA, Cassville Elementary
- About Our Kids Youth Development, Louis & Loretta Wolf Building
- Nathan’s Place
- El Dorado Springs Elementary
- El Dorado Youth, Inc.
- Springfield Community Center
- Central Christian Church
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield, Henderson Unit
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield, Musgrave Unit
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield, Stalnaker Unit
- Boys & Girls Club of Southwest Missouri
- Boys & Girls Club of Southwest Missouri, Webb City Junior High
- Boys & Girls Club of Southwest Missouri, Webster Elementary
- Fair Acres YMCA Kidz in Motion, Steadley Elementary
- Monett Area YMCA Prime Time, Pate Early Childhoold Center
- Fair Acres YMCA Kidz in Motion, Diamond Elementary
- Boys & Girls Club of the Ozarks, Shirley M. Schaefer Unit
- Boys & Girls Club of the Ozarks, Lake Taneycomo Elks Unit
- Sheldon Elementary
- Ozarks Family YMCA Seymour Branch
- Ann Short Turner Community Center
- Ozarks Family YMCA Mountain Grove Branch
Sites listed include (5) non-sponsored partners and (19) OFH-sponsored program sites. If your organization is interested in becoming a partner site, contact Ozarks Food Harvest at (417) 865-3411.
All of Ozarks Food Harvest’s partner agencies comply with a non-discrimination policy and are prohibited from refusing service to anyone based on race, creed, religious or political affiliation, gender or sexual preferences. Agencies are also prohibited from requiring participation in any religious services or activities in exchange for Ozarks Food Harvest’s food or services.