Plant-a-Row: Grow a little extra for a great cause
As you plant your garden or crops this year, you may think about the fresh veggies you’ll harvest, or the satisfaction of bringing in your own food, but do you ever think about our hungry neighbors who don’t have regular access to fresh produce? In the southwest Missouri, 64% of the households we serve purchase the cheapest food even when it’s not the healthiest option. Ozarks Food Harvest needs your help to increase access to nutritious food.
You can make a difference in your neighbor’s lives —
- If you’re a gardener, become part of Plant A Row. Plant a Row is a people-helping-people program that encourages gardeners to grow a little extra produce for donation. All donations are tax deductible and protected by the Good Samaritan act. Drop-off times are Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Contact us to join.
- If you own a farm or an orchard, donate excess produce or fruit. Our Glean Team volunteers can help harvest. Contact us to become a partner.
- If you have an abundance of fruit crops on your property, register here, and our Glean Team can come harvest it. Register your crop here.
- Volunteer in our gardens or with our Glean Team.
- Make a financial contribution here. Every dollar helps provide four meals.
Volunteers, gardeners and farmers donated nearly 75,000 pounds of local produce last year. That’s more than 62,000 nutritious meals! Help us make an investment in our community, and become a part of the homegrown efforts to fix our food systems. We are grateful for all of our volunteers and donors.