SPS raises hunger awareness in Food Fight 2016
FOOD FIGHT 2017 BEGINS JAN. 16. MORE INFO TO COME.
Springfield Public Schools will participate in Food Fight 2016, Ozarks Food Harvest’s 6th annual district-wide Food Fight competition, Sept. 15 – Oct. 31, with a goal of 45,000 pounds.
Food Fight 2016 is a food and fund drive competition among Springfield Public Schools with Partners in Education. The mission of the Food Fight competition is to raise hunger awareness across the district and stock community and school pantry shelves for the holiday season.
Participating schools have the opportunity to partner with an area business or organization. All of the food and funds collected at the business will go toward the partnering school’s final donation total.
Trophies will be presented to the winning middle and high schools collecting the most cash and pounds of food per student. The winning schools will also win volunteer opportunities with Ozarks Food Harvest. Elementary schools will compete among their schools’ classrooms. Five elementary classrooms that collect the most within each feeder pattern will receive field trips to The Food Bank.
Check back for a list of participating schools and Partners in Education for Food Fight 2016.
All donations collected during Food Fight will directly impact the following agencies:
- C-Street Connect Food Pantry
- Center City Christian Outreach
- Central Assembly Food Pantry
- Central H.S. Pantry
- Crosslines of Springfield
- Hillcrest H.S. Pantry
- Hand Extended Outreach
- Kickapoo H.S. Pantry
- Salvation Army
- St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Study Alternative Center Pantry
- Victory Mission
Promotional materials for download:
- School Poster (8.5″ x 11″)
- School Poster (11″ x 17″)
- Partner Poster (8.5″ x 11″)
- Partner Poster (11″ x 17″)
- Food Fight Handbook
- Food Fight Handout for Schools
- Food Fight Handout for Partners
- Social Media Promotion: square image | full poster image
- Most Needed Items List: full page handout | quarter page handouts
If you have any questions about this campaign, please call Jenna Brown at (417) 865-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schools: Register Your Drive Partners: Register Your Drive