SPS raises hunger awareness in 5th annual Food Fight competition
Springfield Public Schools will participate in Ozarks Food Harvest’s 5th annual district-wide Food Fight competition October 12-31, with a goal of 45,000 pounds to beat last year’s total of 39,450 pounds of donations.
Food Fight is a food and fund drive competition among Springfield Public Schools with Partners in Education. The mission of the Food Fight competition is to raise hunger awareness across the district and stock community and school pantry shelves for the holiday season.
Participating schools have the opportunity to partner with an area business or organization. All of the food and funds collected at the business will go toward the partnering school’s final donation total.
Trophies will be presented to the winning middle and high schools collecting the most cash and pounds of food per student. Elementary schools will compete among their schools’ classrooms. Five elementary classrooms that collect the most within each feeder pattern will receive field trips to The Food Bank.
The following schools are participating in Food Fight 2015:
- Elementary Schools: Bissett, Rountree, Mark Twain, Pleasant View, Truman, Hickory Hills, Weaver, Campbell, Jeffries, Boyd, Westport, Pittman, McGregor, Bowerman and Field.
- Middle Schools: Carver, Pleasant View, Cherokee, Jarrett, Pipkin, Wilson’s Creek, Pershing, Reed and Health Sciences Academy at Mercy.
- High Schools: Parkview, Hillcrest, Central, Kickapoo and Glendale.
These Partners in Education are raising food and funds for the schools:
- Little Caesars on Republic, Glenstone, Kearney and Scenic; Murney Associates; Commercial Insurance Underwriters, SPS Early Childhood Special Education; Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks; Palen Music Center; FedEx Ground; Stalnaker Boys And Girls Club; Burrell Behavioral Health; Macedonia Baptist Church; Jarden Plastics Solutions; Shady Dell Early Childhood Center; and Phelps Center for Gifted Education.
All donations collected during Food Fight will directly impact the following agencies:
- C-Street Connect Food Pantry
- Center City Christian Outreach
- Central Assembly Food Pantry
- Central H.S. Pantry
- Crosslines of Springfield
- Hillcrest H.S. Pantry
- Hand Extended Outreach
- Kickapoo H.S. Pantry
- Salvation Army
- St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Study Alternative Center Pantry
- Victory Mission
Promotional materials for download:
- School Poster (11″ x 17″)
- Partner Poster (11″ x 17″)
- Most Needed Items – Full Page (8.5″ x 11″)
- Most Needed Items – Quarter Page (8.5″ x 11″)
- Food Fight Overview Handout
- Social Media Promotion: square image | full poster image
Registration for Food Fight has ended. If you have any questions about this campaign, please call Christy Claybaker at (417) 865-3411 or email email@example.com.