SPS to raise awareness of hunger during Food Fight
Springfield Public Schools will participate in Food Fight, Ozarks Food Harvest’s 12th annual district-wide fund and food drive competition March 20-31.
Food Fight raises awareness about the issue of hunger and helps provide meals for the 1 in 5 children and 1 in 6 adults in southwest Missouri who experience food insecurity. Funds raised will provide weekend meals for children experiencing hunger through Ozarks Food Harvest’s Weekend Backpack Program. Food donations will help stock school and community food pantry shelves to serve Springfield families seeking food assistance.
Partners are needed! Your business or organization can help provide meals on behalf of your partner school. Here’s how:
- Raise funds – Every dollar raised will help provide four meals. Each school and partner team will have an online fundraising page. Donate and share the link to your fundraising page on social media!
- Collect food – If you would rather host a food drive, we have collection barrels and signs for you! Please pick up your supplies and deliver your donations to The Food Bank.
Offices, churches and organizations:
- Host a traditional fund drive to collect cash and change.
- Ask customers to round up at the register.
- Accept $1, $3 or $5 donations at the register. We have a UPC trifold for you!
- Offer a featured item and donate part of the proceeds.
Use these tools to make your drive a success!
Get started by registering today!
School registration deadline: February 24
Partner registration deadline: March 9
If you have any questions about this campaign, please call Jennnifer Sickinger at (417)865-3411 or email email@example.com