Hunger Action Month: Get involved this September
Join Ozarks Food Harvest this September to take action against hunger. Whether it’s raising awareness, volunteering or donating, there are fun and easy ways to make a difference for our neighbors in need.
- Wear orange on Sept. 14 in support of hunger relief. Hunger Action Month shirts are available for $10 each at the Volunteer Center. Each shirt purchase provides 20 meals.
- Snap a picture of your team in orange and share using #HungerActionMonth and #HungerHeroes.
- Process donations in our warehouse or lend a hand in our garden.
- Schedule group sessions six weeks in advance for best selection of times. Learn more and sign-up!
Sponsor or attend an event
- Become a corporate sponsor during Hungerthon – a radio-thon with Kevin & Liz on 105.9 KGBX fromSept. 8-11 to support the Weekend Backpack Program.
- Attend a Hunger Action Month event such as:
–Empty Bowls with Panera, Sept. 29
–Iron Chef Competition at FMO, Sept. 23
–Tea Bar & Bites Apron Fashion Show, Sept. 21
- Share OFH’s “30 Ways in 30 Days” calendar to inspire others to take action.
- Share OFH’s social media posts using #HungerHeroes and #HungerActionMonth to get the word out!
Host a food and fund drive
- Host a drive with your school, church or business.
- Host an online fund drive and invite employees, vendors and clients to participate.
Think outside the donation box
- Include a Hunger Action Month message in your email signature, company intranet, buck slips or monthly billing. We can craft a message and provide images.
- Invite an OFH representative to talk with your team.
- Use OFH’s conference room for an off-site meeting and follow with a tour.
- Have a creative idea to rally your team during Hunger Action Month? We’d love to hear it!