Hunger Doesn’t Take a Summer Break
Did you know more families turn to Ozarks Food Harvest’s hunger-relief network when kids go on summer break?
For kids who count on school meal programs, summer could mean three months of worry and hunger. Children who receive free or reduced-price breakfast or lunch live in 2 out of 3 households we serve, and without the meals they receive at school, many may go to bed hungry.
Help us connect children and their families to healthy meals this summer through our Summer Harvest campaign, presented by Pinegar Honda.
Ozarks Food Harvest works to solve child hunger over the summer through our Summer Food Program, Mobile Food Pantry and network of 270 community and faith-based charities.
Your support will help fill the gaps for children and families in need. Children like eight-year-old Zoey who shared, “The food bank helps us because it gives us food to eat. It gives us cereal and milk. It gives us lunch and dinner, too.”
We have several ways for you to get involved in our Summer Harvest campaign this season including:
• Splash and Sizzle is May 27 – Sept. 4. Participants get free admission to Springfield-Greene County Park Board pools by bringing one canned food donation per person.
• Ozarks Food Harvest Month at Community Blood Center of the Ozarks is June. Blood donors can donate their LifePoints to Ozarks Food Harvest throughout June and CBCO will make a monetary donation.
• Taste of SoMo with the Downtown Springfield Association is June 24th. Participants can sample southwest Missouri restaurants while Ozarks Food Harvest receives a portion of the proceeds.
• Lucas Oil Speedway Food Drive is July 22. Donors will receive one free ticket to the races in Wheatland for every four nonperishable food items donated.
• Donate extra produce through our Plant-a-Row program.
• Donate or host a fundraiser.
• Volunteer with us in our warehouse or Full Circle Gardens.
Learn out more about all of our Summer Harvest Events here.